The annual MathConceptition provides an opportunity for all kindergarteners and primary school students to challenge their skills with other mathematically gifted children in Hong Kong, Macau, Guangzhou and Singapore and offers a chance for them to compete for championship!
Open to students attending kindergartens and primary schools. Participants are categorized into eight different grades according to their current (2017/18) school year.
|Lower / K2||K2|
|Upper / K3||K3|
|P1 / Grade 1 / Year 1||G1|
|P2 / Grade 2 / Year 2||G2|
|P3 / Grade 3 / Year 3||G3|
|P4 / Grade 4 / Year 4||G4|
|P5 / Grade 5 / Year 5||G5|
|P6 / Grade 6 / Year 6||G6|
The MathConceptition consists of:
- Individual Contest — Open to students from Hong Kong, Macau, Guangzhou and Singapore. Parents and guardians may register their child to compete in the Individual Contest.
- Inter-School Contest — Open to kindergartens and primary schools in Hong Kong and Macau. Each school may nominate at most FOUR STUDENTS FROM EACH GRADE. Students will work independently, the total score attained by the TOP 3 scorers from each grade will be counted towards the Inter-School Contest. The scores of all nominated participants will also be automatically submitted to compete in the Individual Contest.
INDIVIDUAL CONTEST AWARDS
Participants will be ranked according to their individual scores, the winners of each grade will receive:
||Top 3 scorers in each grade||
Trophy Cup, Certificate
||Medal and Certificate|
|Silver Award||Next 15% scorers||Medal and Certificate|
|Bronze Award||Next 25% scorers||Medal and Certificate|
|Participation Award||All other participants||Certificate of Participation|
INTER-SCHOOL CONTEST AWARDS
Group Awards of each grade:
||Ranked by the sum of top 3 scores attained by the team of the grade||Trophy Cup and Certificate|
Merit (Top 35%)
of each grade
|Crystal Trophy and Certificate|
Overall School Awards:
|Ranked by the sum of all top 3 scores from each grade in the school team (Total score of 6 participants in K2 & K3)||
|Ranked by the sum of all top 3 scores from each grade in the school team (Total score of 18 participants in G1 – G6)||
Participants should complete all questions and write their answers on the answer sheet provided. All questions will be given in both Chinese and English.
K2 & K3:
Time allowed: 30 minutes, invigilator will read out the questions during the contest. Contain 20 multiple choice questions, each question is weighted differently.
G1 – G6:
Time allowed: 60 minutes. Contain 40 questions, Q1 – Q30 are questions based on HKEDB Syllabus while Q31 – Q40 are Mathematical Olympiad type problems, each question is weighted differently.
*Past papers can be found on our website.
9:00 am – 7:00 pm on 28th April, 2018 (Saturday) in different sessions
6/F, KITEC, 1 Trademart Drive, Kowloon Bay, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Inter-School Contest: Waived
Individual Contest: $250 per participant
Inter-School Contest: Immediate – 30th November 2017
Individual Contest: 15th January 2018 – 15th February 2018
- Download and complete the Inter-School Contest registration form. (Kindergarten Click HERE｜Primary School Click HERE).
- Return the registration form to “MathConceptition, Unit 807, 8/F, Tower 1, Cheung Sha Wan Plaza, 833 Cheung Sha Wan Road, Kowloon.” on or before 30th November 2017.
- Once the application has been confirmed, the school may not amend their list of nominees.
- Admission letters and pick-up cards will be sent to the school by mail on or before 10th April 2018. Please check with the MathConceptition team as soon as possible if you have not received the admission letters after the stated date.
Individual Contest：(Registration start : 15th January 2018)
- Fill in the online registration form and complete the payment procedures;
Complete the individual contest registration form and hand it to “Unit 807, 8/F, Tower 1, Cheung Sha Wan Road, Kowloon” along with $250 registration fee.
- Registration is on a first-come-first-served basis. The registration fee is not refundable or transferable.
- Admission letter and pick-up card will be sent to the registered address on or before 10th April 2018. Please check with the MathConceptition team as soon as possible if you have not received the admission letter after the stated date.
List of winners will be announced on 30th May 2018 on our website. Each contestant will receive a contest report, which shows his/her performance in different parts of the test.
The Award Ceremony will take place in June 2018. Award winners will receive a letter containing details about the ceremony.
RULES AND NOTICES
- On the day of competition, all participants are required to arrive on time with their admission letter, pick up card, an ORIGINAL valid photo identification proof (e.g. School Handbook, student card, HKID) and stationery.
- Except for emergencies, participants may not leave the examination room early.
- Participants are NOT allowed to take away any test paper after the test.
- All electronic devices should be switched off in the examination room. NO calculator is allowed.
- MathConcept reserves the right to use photos or videos taken during the competition, training and ceremony for promotional activities.
- When Typhoon Warning Signal Pre-No 8 or above / Black Rainstorm Warning is issued or still in force after 8:30 am, the MathConcepetition concerned will be postponed, details will be announced through our website.
- MathConcept reserves the right to suspend, modify or terminate this event and event organizing party or any of these terms and conditions without prior notice.
- 2018 Regulations (Chinese)
- 2018 Regulations (English)
- Registration Form for Inter-School Contest (HK Kindergarten)
- Registration Form for Inter-School Contest (HK Primary School)